VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
These are some of the successful results that Dan has been able to secure for his clients.
Despite difficulties caused by COVID, we have been able to settle cases in 2020.
- $300,000 for an Akron laborer who fractured his pelvis while riding a motorcycle. Case settled in December 2020.
- $225,000 for a Lorain maintenance worker who sustained a rotator cuff tear and fractured thumb. Both injuries required surgery. Case settled in December 2020.
- $200,000 for a college professor who aggravated a low back injury that was previously surgically repaired. After a rear end accident, he had an additional surgery. Case settled in August 2020.
- $1,000,000.00 for an unemployed 56-year-old who was killed on his motorcycle by a Pizza Delivery Driver. He was survived by his parents and brother. Case settled April, 2017.
- $935,000 for a nurse who sustained a fractured pelvis when rear-ended by an intoxicated driver in Westlake, Ohio. The case settled in January, 2016.
- $775,000 for a 93-year-old woman who was killed in an accident with a tractor trailer. The decedent was survived by her three adult children. The case settled in May, 2017.
- $600,000 for a 54-year-old factory worker who was killed on his motorcycle. He was survived by his adult daughter. The case settled in December, 2015.
- $587,500 for a truck driver who injured his neck requiring surgery. The case settled in November, 2018.
- $250,000 for a factory worker who fractured her leg. The case settled for the policy limit in October, 2019.
- $4,000,000 for loss of wife/mother killed in a transportation accident.
- $3,900,000 for the failure to timely deliver a 35 week fetus after a car accident, resulting in brain injury/cerebral palsy in the child. The firm was able to collect from the automobile insurance companies for the crash and against the hospital, the emergency room physician and OBGYN for not performing an earlier C-section.
- $3,000,000 bench trial verdict for a 42 year old woman who was the passenger on a motorcycle who sustained a brain injury and various fractures resulting in permanent disability.
- $2,000,000 for a 19 year old worker who was injured after falling through a skylight while working as a roofer. The firm was able to collect against the employer beyond what workers’ compensation paid.
- $1,500,000 for the family of a 39 year old who was killed on the Turnpike by a truck driver who fell asleep at the wheel.
- $890,000 against physicians for failure to diagnose cancer.
- $780,000 for the family of a construction worker who was killed while working on a construction site.
- $725,000 for a motorcyclist who sustained a leg fracture. The Plaintiff was a Canadian citizen visiting Cleveland when an electrical company van cut him off. The case settled for the $300,000.00 limits of the company’s policy and $425,000.00 from the Canadian underinsured motorist insurance company.
- $500,000 for a woman who lost her foot after being hit by a car. The firm was able to collect the additional funds ten years after the accident in a claim against the woman’s employer’s insurance company.
- $500,000 for the drowning of a nine year old boy at a youth organization pool.
- $400,000 for a surgically repaired neck injury suffered by a city worker hurt in a car accident.
- $300,000 verdict against a former business owner who breached a stock purchase and redemption agreement by violating the non-competition and non-solicitation provisions of the agreement.
- $230,000 verdict for failure to diagnose a fractured elbow in a 12 year old boy.
- $230,000 for a 79 year old male who suffered foot drop/nerve injury when a pick-up truck backed into him in a parking lot. The Plaintiff had no recollection of the accident.